-   -   Auto-populating file based on conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167744-auto-populating-file-based-conditions.html)

ALEX

Auto-populating file based on conditions

I am looking for a way to link fields from a master list of entries to a
monthly file, which will automatically populate based on specific conditions.

To give a better picture below are some of the columns & rows I am using

Ref No. Date of Letter Date Actioned Customer BSB Letter Purpose
Amount
138 20-Nov-2007 22-Nov-2007 Bob Jones P/L 5-158 Amend
1000

I want to be able to populate the monthly file but only if the entries are
from the current month and have a letter purpose of amend. As the Master List
contains thousands of entries, I want it to be able to populate the monthly
file with all the entries from the current month on each row seperately.

I am assuming VLOOKUP is the way to go, but is there some kind of
Macro/VBasic function I will need as well?

Cheers