-   -   trying to draw a text box, but options are grey (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167716-trying-draw-text-box-but-options-grey.html)

bbatman

trying to draw a text box, but options are grey

I want to inset a text box in my excel sheet, but options are all grey. It
is a shared drive. How can I unprotect it. Option for that is greyed out
too.. I can make other changes in the sheet, but can't insert a text box, so
that doesn't make sense. Why else would they be grey?

Gord Dibben

trying to draw a text box, but options are grey

You say "shared drive".

Do you mean "shared workbook"?

If so, you can't insert objects into a shared workbook.

If you read help on shared workbooks you will find you have many restrictions
similar to the above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP