-   -   Re-calculate function too slow (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167480-re-calculate-function-too-slow.html)

CB

Re-calculate function too slow

Hi, I am working on a large excel 2003 file which, although not linked to any
other files, has a large number of formulae linking to other worksheets in
the same file. When I change the value in the one cell it doesn't
automatically update the value in the cell which is referencing it. It
updates eventually but I can't tell if this is because of the file being
saved or excel getting thro the workload.

So I don't know if it is to do with the processor speed, the re-calculate
settings, the iteration settings or what? can anyone advise, thanks? CB

(Also, the file is 30,000KB's, it was built with lots of pivot tables and
vlookups but they are now all hardcoded, there's nothing more complicated
than sumif and reference functions left)

Niek Otten

Re-calculate function too slow

For lots of information and tips about calculation speed, visit Charles Williams' site:

www.decisionmodels.com

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten