-   -   Automatically adjusting Row height (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167397-automatically-adjusting-row-height.html)

JoeP

Automatically adjusting Row height

I have a spreadsheet that has a merged cell that allows text wrapping. When
I type quite a bit of text into the cell it may fill up the cell and I cannot
see all the text.

I would like to have the row automatically increase its height (rather than
use the menu Format -- Row --Height) so that all the data can be seen.
Ideally the height would be automatically adjusted when I leave the cell.

Can this be done and if so how. Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe

Gord Dibben

Automatically adjusting Row height

If you want to use merged cells you will have to employ VBA event code to
autofit the row height.

See this google search.

http://tinyurl.com/2uhkdj

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP