-   -   Followed Hyperlink Font Color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167396-followed-hyperlink-font-color.html)

mustang25

Followed Hyperlink Font Color

Is there a way to set hyperlinks in Excel to stay the same color after they
have been clicked as they were before they were clicked? Right now they
start out blue, but when I click on them they turn purple. I'd rather they
stayed blue (or whatever other color I set them up to be to begin with).

Thanks in advance.

Ron Coderre

Followed Hyperlink Font Color

Try this:

Create a hyperlink in a cell
Click on the hyperlink to follow it.

Select Excel again
From the Excel Main Menu:
<format<style

You'll see 2 new styles listed in the drop down:
Hyperlink
and
Followed Hyperlink

Select: Hyperlink......Click [Modify]....Note the settings.
Select: Followed Hyperlink......Click [Modify]
......use the same settings as the Hyperlink style

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"mustang25" wrote in message
Is there a way to set hyperlinks in Excel to stay the same color after
they
have been clicked as they were before they were clicked? Right now they
start out blue, but when I click on them they turn purple. I'd rather
they
stayed blue (or whatever other color I set them up to be to begin with).

Thanks in advance.

mustang25

Followed Hyperlink Font Color

Ron,

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Create a hyperlink in a cell
Click on the hyperlink to follow it.

Select Excel again
From the Excel Main Menu:

"mustang25" wrote in message
Is there a way to set hyperlinks in Excel to stay the same color after
they
have been clicked as they were before they were clicked? Right now they
start out blue, but when I click on them they turn purple. I'd rather
they
stayed blue (or whatever other color I set them up to be to begin with).

Thanks in advance.

Ron Coderre

Followed Hyperlink Font Color

You're very welcome!....I'm glad I could help.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)