-   -   password protect a file in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167393-password-protect-file-excel-2007-a.html)

jonilyn

password protect a file in Excel 2007

I haven't been able to find how to password protect a file in Excel 2007. A
Save in that I can find. Office 2007 is going to take some getting used to!
Thank you.

Ron de Bruin

password protect a file in Excel 2007

Office button SaveAs

There is a Tools dropdown button next to the Save button

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"jonilyn" wrote in message ...
I haven't been able to find how to password protect a file in Excel 2007. A
Save in that I can find. Office 2007 is going to take some getting used to!
Thank you.

Bernard Liengme

password protect a file in Excel 2007

Save As does have a Tools button - look in the lower left corner.
You want General Options to set password
Now don't feel bad! We all have days when the obvious is not so clear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jonilyn" wrote in message
I haven't been able to find how to password protect a file in Excel 2007.
with