-   -   Pivot Tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167343-pivot-tables.html)

cassie07

Pivot Tables

I have an order log which is added to on a daily basis.

I have made a pivot table from this to show ordering by divisions, suppliers
etc.
However, when I add new orders to the log, the pivot table does not update.

I am new to this so a little lost, has anyone got any ideas ?

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Pivot Tables

Pivot tables need to be "Refreshed" - the red exalamation mark. If that
doesn't do it, then you need to redefine the range which the pivot table
covers. Best to either insert new records inside the already-defined source
range or use a self-defining name for the range & use the range name in the
pivot table -- but you'd still need to refresh the table.

"cassie07" wrote:

I have an order log which is added to on a daily basis.

I have made a pivot table from this to show ordering by divisions, suppliers
etc.
However, when I add new orders to the log, the pivot table does not update.

I am new to this so a little lost, has anyone got any ideas ?

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Tables

You can use a dynamic range as the source:

Or, in Excel 2003, create a list from the orders log:
Select a cell in the log, and choose DataListCreate List
Use the list as the source for the pivot table

Then when you add new data, it will be automatically detected when you
refresh the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

cassie07

Pivot Tables

Hi There

Not 100 % sure, what I did bu tthat seems to have worked,.

Many thanks for all your responses.