-   -   user name in footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167317-user-name-footer.html)

Penelope

user name in footer

How do I include the name of the user who last updated a file in the footer?

E.g. last updated by xx / ddmmmyyyy
--
pen

Mike H

user name in footer

Hi,

Maybe something along the lines of:-

Dim Sht As Worksheet
For Each Sht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
Sht.PageSetup.RightFooter = Environ("Username")
Next Sht
End Sub

Mike

"Penelope" wrote:

How do I include the name of the user who last updated a file in the footer?

E.g. last updated by xx / ddmmmyyyy
--
pen

Penelope

user name in footer

Thanks for your response... Can you tell me how/where to enter the lines...
I'm using Excel2003.... isn't there a drop-down menu or icon?
--
pen

"Penelope" wrote:

How do I include the name of the user who last updated a file in the footer?

E.g. last updated by xx / ddmmmyyyy
--
pen

Mike H

user name in footer

Penelope,

ALT+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'This Workbook'
On the right hand side panel select 'Workbook' from the left dropdown and
'Before Print' and paste it in there.

Mike