-   -   How can I set up my columns and rows in inches? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167292-how-can-i-set-up-my-columns-rows-inches.html)

Deb

How can I set up my columns and rows in inches?

I have Excel 2000. Can I set up my columns and rows in inches?

JLatham

How can I set up my columns and rows in inches?

In pre-2007 versions of Excel there isn't any easy/quick way to measure/set
column width or row height in inches. Column width is set by pixels although
the approximate number of characters that will fit in a cell are displayed.
There are approximately 96 pixels per inch.

I think the best you can do in Excel 2000 would be to experiment with
setting the width until you find a setting that is approximately 1 inch wide
and note that value for future use.

In Excel 2007, you can set the width in inches when you are in Page Layout
view - it even provides horizontal/vertical rulers on screen in that mode.