-   -   MS Query instead of "Edit OLE DB Query" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167214-ms-query-instead-edit-ole-db-query.html)

[email protected]

MS Query instead of "Edit OLE DB Query"

Hello all,

I am having a problem with editing some existing queries within Excel
2003 workbooks. When clicking on the "Edit Query" button from the
External Data toolbar, I now get the "Edit OLE DB Query" dialog box,
instead of MS Query, which was the interface that I previously would
get. Is there a way to switch this back?

I have been using Office 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently had
Microsoft Update upgrade my version of Office 2003 from SP2 to SP3.
The problems appear to have started after that.

I can still create new queries in Excel using MS Query, which is
good. I would really like to be able to edit all of the previously
existing ones in MS Query, also.

Are there any registry, ODBC, OLE, etc. settings that I can modify to
change this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Casey.

duane_mi

I am also having this problem but i have not upgraded anything any DB experts out there able to give any ideas on how i can edit the query. In this particular case i just want to add an extra field that is being imported to excel.