-   -   How do I change the column ID in Excel from number to text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167123-how-do-i-change-column-id-excel-number-text.html)

johnboy

How do I change the column ID in Excel from number to text?

Currently my column labels in spreadsheets are not showing as text i.e. a,b,c
etc but as 1,2,3 .....

How do I change??

Mike H

How do I change the column ID in Excel from number to text?

Try,

Tools|options|general and un-check R1C1

Mike

Sorry didnt mention I'm using Microsoft office excel 2007 version software and cannot find this option "Johnboy" wrote:

Currently my column labels in spreadsheets are not showing as text i.e. a,b,c
etc but as 1,2,3 .....

How do I change??

Mike H

How do I change the column ID in Excel from number to text?

Johnboy,

I haven't git 2007 but I'd still bet that what's wrong. Search your help for
R1C1.

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Johnboy,

I haven't git 2007 but I'd still bet that what's wrong. Search your help for
R1C1.

Mike

Thanks Mike that worked

"Johnboy" wrote:

"Mike H" wrote:

Try,

Tools|options|general and un-check R1C1

Mike
Sorry didnt mention I'm using Microsoft office excel 2007 version software and cannot find this option "Johnboy" wrote:

Currently my column labels in spreadsheets are not showing as text i.e. a,b,c
etc but as 1,2,3 .....

How do I change??

Mike H

How do I change the column ID in Excel from number to text?

Your welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Mike