-   -   Password (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166875-password.html)

Rama Laxhmi

Password

Incase if I forgot the password of my excel sheet? Is there any option to
open that sheet?

Mike H

Password

Hi,

No except by cracking the password with code. Write all your passwords down
on a piece of paper and place it between the pages of a book.. I use the page
in my dictionary that contains the word "password". While I can imagine
someone trying to hack files on my PC it is very unlikely they will be
reading a dictionary while they do it.

Mike.

"Rama Laxhmi" wrote:

Incase if I forgot the password of my excel sheet? Is there any option to
open that sheet?

JLatham

Password

What do you mean by 'excel sheet'? If you mean one sheet within an Excel
workbook (i.e. within a .xls file), then either of these sites should help:

http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

But if you are asking about not being able to open a .xls file from hard
drive/network because you don't have the password, then that is something
completely different.