-   -   Counting the day of the weekweek (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166832-counting-day-weekweek.html)

Brian FL

Counting the day of the weekweek

I have a column with dates formated as: Wednesday, November 14, 2007. I
would like to count how many where Wed., Thur. and so on.

How do I do that? The column covers event dates for 3 years.

Peo Sjoblom

Counting the day of the weekweek

Assume the dates are in A1:A1000

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A11000,2)=3))

for Wednesday

if there might be blank cells and you are counting Saturdays you might want
to use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A1000,2)=6),--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000)))

since otherwise blank cells will be counted as Saturdays

Peo Sjoblom

"Brian FL" <Brian wrote in message
I have a column with dates formated as: Wednesday, November 14, 2007. I
would like to count how many where Wed., Thur. and so on.

How do I do that? The column covers event dates for 3 years.

pinmaster

Counting the day of the weekweek

Hi,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY($A$1:$A$1000)=ROW(A1)))
copy down 6 more rows, the first cell will give how many sundays there are,
the second how many mondays , third how many tuesdays and so on.....adjust to
suit!

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy