-   -   Does not add up properly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16679-does-not-add-up-properly.html)

PCOR

Does not add up properly

Hi
I have a spreadsheet with app 800 names sorted in alphabetical order.
To the right of the names I have a few col on numbers. At the bottom of each
col I have a calculated total for that col(i.e. @SUM (c2...c800)
From time to time I have to add new names.
I usually type in the names below the 800 line and then do a sort on the
names. At this stage the name is inserted in the proper place BUT MY COL
TOTAL are no longer accurate. The formula at the bottom now read(as an
example) @sum(c12...c800)
How can I stop this from happening.
Thanks
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Niek Otten

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"PCOR" wrote in message
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with app 800 names sorted in alphabetical order.
To the right of the names I have a few col on numbers. At the bottom of
each col I have a calculated total for that col(i.e. @SUM (c2...c800)
From time to time I have to add new names.
I usually type in the names below the 800 line and then do a sort on the
names. At this stage the name is inserted in the proper place BUT MY COL
TOTAL are no longer accurate. The formula at the bottom now read(as an
example) @sum(c12...c800)
How can I stop this from happening.
Thanks
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

Bob Phillips

In C801, insert

=SUM($C$2:OFFSET(C801,-1,))

just insert new lines before line 801

--

HTH

RP

"PCOR" wrote in message
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with app 800 names sorted in alphabetical order.
To the right of the names I have a few col on numbers. At the bottom of

each
col I have a calculated total for that col(i.e. @SUM (c2...c800)
From time to time I have to add new names.
I usually type in the names below the 800 line and then do a sort on the
names. At this stage the name is inserted in the proper place BUT MY COL
TOTAL are no longer accurate. The formula at the bottom now read(as an
example) @sum(c12...c800)
How can I stop this from happening.
Thanks
--
Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it

PCOR

Worked great...thanks

"PCOR" wrote in message
Hi
I have a spreadsheet with app 800 names sorted in alphabetical order.
To the right of the names I have a few col on numbers. At the bottom of

each
col I have a calculated total for that col(i.e. @SUM (c2...c800)
From time to time I have to add new names.