-   -   Excel 2007 Changing Existing Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166755-excel-2007-changing-existing-formulas.html)

tm

Excel 2007 Changing Existing Formulas

I have recently moved to Excel 2007. When I have a formula in an
existing spreadsheet, Excel 2007 recalculates my formula to what it
thinks the value should be.

For example my formula is Sum (B16:J16) - Excel will change this to
Sum(B16:K16) including column K even though it shouldn't be a part of
the formula. How can I stop Excel from doing this? THANKS

jlclyde

On Nov 20, 9:26 am, tm wrote:
I have recently moved to Excel 2007. When I have a formula in an
existing spreadsheet, Excel 2007 recalculates my formula to what it
thinks the value should be.

For example my formula is Sum (B16:J16) - Excel will change this to
Sum(B16:K16) including column K even though it shouldn't be a part of
the formula. How can I stop Excel from doing this? THANKS

I am not positive about 2007 but you can put a $ before any row or
column and it will hold this place. So in this case you woudl type
=SUM(B16:$J16)

Jay