-   -   date/time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166750-date-time.html)

hombreazul

date/time

Hi all,

I am sure there is an easy answer to this question, but so far, I have
not been able to find it. I have a cell in this format: 11/18/2007
14:33. I need to separate the time from the date to use in a pivot
table. Is there an easy way to do this? Your help is very much
appreciated.

Stephen[_2_]

date/time

"hombreazul" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am sure there is an easy answer to this question, but so far, I have
not been able to find it. I have a cell in this format: 11/18/2007
14:33. I need to separate the time from the date to use in a pivot
table. Is there an easy way to do this? Your help is very much
appreciated.

One way (for date/time in A1):
=A1-INT(A1)
formatted as hh:mm

In Excel, times/dates are just numbers, with 1 representing 1 day. So time
on its own is the part after the decimal point.

hombreazul

date/time

Thanks. Worked like a charm.