Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Request for VB to do something simple (insert text in a column ofcells)

I'm having a terrible time with methods, objects, properties, ranges ...
all making my head sorta spin.

What I want to do is pretty simple: turn the first column of cells into
the second one:

ceo -- XYZceo
abc -- XYZabc
123 -- XYZ123
vba -- XYZvba

and so on.

I know it might involve Insert("XYZ"), and I want it to be generalized
and operate on all the cells in a given column, so it would probably use
CurrentRegion.Cells, but I'm stumped.

(An extra twist is that the sheet would have a header row, so the text
should only be inserted starting with the 2nd row.)

Any light that could be shed on this would be much appreciated.