-   -   Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166694-macro.html)

Guy Lydig

Macro

I was recording a macro that
deleted a few rows
changed text to columns
typed text and formatted it in a few cells
sorted the list
autosized all columns
formatted a column as Number
entered two functions in two different columns
copied the two functions down to the last cells in the columns
copied those two columns
Used Paste-special: values to copy the two new columns onto two columns that
had held text that these functions referred to.

All was fine until here.

Then I deleted the text in the two columns with the functions I had
inserted. The computer hung for about 15 minutes (without exaggeration) and
then recuperated. I turned off the Macro recorder. When I play the macro it
hangs in the same place for the same amount of time! I tried it twice with
the same results. What am I doing wrong or does this computer need more RAM?
Is there a limit to the number of steps in a Macro?