-   -   macro to save as a data input by user file name from a designated (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166669-macro-save-data-input-user-file-name-designated.html)

Brian

macro to save as a data input by user file name from a designated

I have a macro that will save the workbook prior to deleting all specified
cells but I'm trying to make it save as file name of what ever the user
inputed into a specified cell or cells like the date that they input and
another cell that they inputfor like name of etc.....

Dave Peterson

macro to save as a data input by user file name from a designated

Maybe this will give you a start:

with thisworkbook
.saveas filename:=.worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value & "\" _
& .worksheets("sheet999").range("b999").value & "\" _
& format(worksheets("sheet1000").range("d323"), "yyyymmdd") _
& "somemoretext here" & ".xls"
end with

--

Dave Peterson