-   -   Stop Autofill/Highlight of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166649-stop-autofill-highlight-cells.html)

ash

Stop Autofill/Highlight of cells

I currently have data in various rows highlighted. For some rows, columns
A-M are highlihgted by row in a specific color. Columns N - R have data but
are not highlighted.

I am protecting the sheet so that only columns O and P are editable. When
I test data entry into the uprotected cells, then data enters fine, but it
automatically highlights (fills) with the highlight/paint color that is in
columns A-M for the same row, even though the column immediately preceding
the data entry column is not highlighted/filled.

I've tried highlighted columns N-R while unprotected and doing no fill, but
it still occurs.

Is it possible to prevent this?

Thank you for any help!
Ashley

pinmaster

Stop Autofill/Highlight of cells

Hi,

is it possible you have conditional formatting in those cells?

Regards!
Jean-Guy