-   -   gicals or formlasCount cells in a Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166610-gicals-formlascount-cells-range.html)

Gary''s Student

gicals or formlasCount cells in a Range

What is the easiest wasy to count (without VBA) the cells in a range. I want
to count all the cells. Don't care if they are empty, filled with numbers or
text or logicals, for formulas. Just the raw count of cells.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007q

Jim Cone

gicals or formlasCount cells in a Range

Hi,
Try...
=COUNTA(A5:D8)+COUNTBLANK(A5:D8)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Gary''s Student"
wrote in message
What is the easiest wasy to count (without VBA) the cells in a range. I want
to count all the cells. Don't care if they are empty, filled with numbers or
text or logicals, for formulas. Just the raw count of cells.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007q

Dave Peterson

gicals or formlasCount cells in a Range

if the range is contiguous (and rectangular):

=rows(a1:c9)*columns(a1:c9)

Change the address to what you want.

Gary''s Student wrote:

What is the easiest wasy to count (without VBA) the cells in a range. I want
to count all the cells. Don't care if they are empty, filled with numbers or
text or logicals, for formulas. Just the raw count of cells.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007q

--

Dave Peterson