-   -   Using Countif two criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166570-using-countif-two-criteria.html)

Mifty

Using Countif two criteria

Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty

Stephen[_2_]

Using Countif two criteria

"Mifty" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty

Try something like
=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100="F")*(C1:C1000))

Pete_UK

Using Countif two criteria

You can use COUNTIF if you only have one condition. In this case try:

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100="F")*(ISNUMBER(C1:C100))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 19, 10:49 am, Mifty wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty

Mike H

Using Countif two criteria

Maybe

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20="F")*(ISNUMBER(C1:C20)))

Mike

"Mifty" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty

Mifty

Using Countif two criteria

Thank you to Stephen, Pete and Mike.

Sumproduct seems quite a useful function

Cheers
--
Mifty

"Mifty" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty

Pete_UK

Using Countif two criteria

Thanks for feeding back - see here for further details on the use of
SUMPRODUCT:

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Mifty" wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to count the number of females with a score in C.
so using Countif how do I say countif B = F and C equals a number?

I'd be grateful for any ideas how to do this.
Could I use Sumproduct as an alternative to countif?

Thanking you in advance
--
Mifty- Hide quoted text -