-   -   Return total number of YEARS & MONTHS in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166513-return-total-number-years-months-cell.html)

Montrose guy

Return total number of YEARS & MONTHS in a cell

Hi guys...

Using Excel 2003 - I found in the help how to return the number of YEARS
between 2 dayes and how many MONTHS.. but not both together...MY goal is the
output to a cell how many Years and Months have passed from TODAY

pinmaster

Return total number of YEARS & MONTHS in a cell

Hi,

Try something like this:

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym")&" months"

Regards!
Jean-Guy

"Montrose guy" wrote:

Hi guys...

Using Excel 2003 - I found in the help how to return the number of YEARS
between 2 dayes and how many MONTHS.. but not both together...MY goal is the
output to a cell how many Years and Months have passed from TODAY

Gary''s Student

Return total number of YEARS & MONTHS in a cell

If A1 contains a date then

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym") & " months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md") & " days"

for example, in A1:
1/15/1985

the formula returns:
20 years, 11 months, 16 days

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200757

"Montrose guy" wrote:

Hi guys...

Using Excel 2003 - I found in the help how to return the number of YEARS
between 2 dayes and how many MONTHS.. but not both together...MY goal is the
output to a cell how many Years and Months have passed from TODAY

Pete_UK

Return total number of YEARS & MONTHS in a cell

Take a look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

for an explanation and examples of how to use the DATEDIF function -
this is not included in Excel Help for 2003, although it is a standard
function.

Hope this helps.

Pete