-   -   Conditional Formatting dependent on another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166512-conditional-formatting-dependent-another-cell.html)

Martin Ledgard[_2_]

Conditional Formatting dependent on another cell

I want to be able to "grey out" names in a list dependent on the numeric
content of an adjacent cell. Is there a way of using conditional formatting
to do this? I have tried using - "Cell Value Is =A1=1" and it doesn't work.
Thanks.

Martin Ledgard[_2_]

Conditional Formatting dependent on another cell

Sorry - have just figured it out ("Formula Value is" rather than "Cell Value
is").
Whoops.

"Martin Ledgard" wrote:

I want to be able to "grey out" names in a list dependent on the numeric
content of an adjacent cell. Is there a way of using conditional formatting
to do this? I have tried using - "Cell Value Is =A1=1" and it doesn't work.
Thanks.

OssieMac

Conditional Formatting dependent on another cell

Hi Martin,

=A1=1

OssieMac

"Martin Ledgard" wrote:

I want to be able to "grey out" names in a list dependent on the numeric
content of an adjacent cell. Is there a way of using conditional formatting
to do this? I have tried using - "Cell Value Is =A1=1" and it doesn't work.
Thanks.

OssieMac

Conditional Formatting dependent on another cell

Hi again,

I should have said to select formula and insert the formula I gave you.

OssieMac