-   -   Countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166463-countif.html)

PK

Countif

I am trying to count the number of cells that have a number in it. I would
suspect that the COUNTIF function would be the one but how can I get to count
only if the cell contains a number (the numbers will all be different)
--
pk

Mike H

Countif

try

=COUNT(A1:A100)

Mike

"PK" wrote:

I am trying to count the number of cells that have a number in it. I would
suspect that the COUNTIF function would be the one but how can I get to count
only if the cell contains a number (the numbers will all be different)
--
pk

Gord Dibben

Countif

COUNT function counts numbers only.

COUNTA functions counts non-blank cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP