-   -   Add separate colors to values in drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166370-add-separate-colors-values-drop-down-list.html)

vlwilburn

Add separate colors to values in drop down list

How would I associate separate colors to each of the values in my drop down
list so that when I choose the value, the color shows for the selection?
In process (yellow); Completed (green), Never Started (Red), Follow Up (Blue).
Thank you in advance.

Bob Phillips

Add separate colors to values in drop down list

Use conditional formatting. See
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
---
HTH

Bob

"vlwilburn" wrote in message
How would I associate separate colors to each of the values in my drop
down
list so that when I choose the value, the color shows for the selection?
In process (yellow); Completed (green), Never Started (Red), Follow Up
(Blue).
Thank you in advance.

vlwilburn

Add separate colors to values in drop down list

Thank you, this site truly helped and will be helpful in the future with
another project. Appreciate your quick response.

"vlwilburn" wrote in message
How would I associate separate colors to each of the values in my drop
down
list so that when I choose the value, the color shows for the selection?
In process (yellow); Completed (green), Never Started (Red), Follow Up
(Blue).
Thank you in advance.

vlwilburn

Add separate colors to values in drop down list

One thing I did forget to ask. In a drop down list like this I know you can
have more than three, but is there a way of overriding the Conditional
Formating to add more conditions, i.e. (4 or 5)?

"vlwilburn" wrote in message
How would I associate separate colors to each of the values in my drop
down
list so that when I choose the value, the color shows for the selection?
In process (yellow); Completed (green), Never Started (Red), Follow Up
(Blue).
Thank you in advance.

Bob Phillips

Add separate colors to values in drop down list

You can either us VBA or this
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

--
---