-   -   Formula & text in one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166273-formula-text-one-cell.html)

SamB

Formula & text in one cell

I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula to
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

carlo

Formula & text in one cell

On Nov 16, 10:18 am, samb wrote:
I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula to
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

hi samb

the formula would be something like that:
=yourformula & " $ per hour"

for example:
=A1 + B1 * C1 & " $ per hour"

hth

Carlo

Pete_UK

Formula & text in one cell

Something like this:

=TEXT(your_calculation,"$0.00")&" per hour"

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 16, 1:18 am, samb wrote:
I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula to
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

Alan

Formula & text in one cell

=A1*A2&" per hour" and format as currency, ie
your formula&" per hour"
Regards,
Alan
"samb" wrote in message
I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the
numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

Roger Govier[_3_]

Formula & text in one cell

Hi

FormatcellsNumberCustom $##.00 "per hour"
Enter your formula in the cell, the result will show $16.99 per hour, but
the cell value will be 16.99 which can be used in further calculations if
required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"samb" wrote in message
I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the
numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

Alan

Formula & text in one cell

Better, format the cells you want this in as 'Custom' and use this:-
$00.00" per hour"
This way the cell is numeric as opposed to text and can be used in
calculations,
Regards,
Alan.
"samb" wrote in message
I am trying to add a label to the numbers in one cell. I want the formula
calculate the numbers, but then I want it to say "per hour" after the
numbers
in the same cell. So, for example, the cell would read "$16.99 per hour"
How can I do this?

LinLin

Formula & text in one cell

Try also the function "concatenate"

=CONCATENATE (text1,text2,...)
So in your example
=CONCATENATE ("$16.99"," per hour")
If $16.99 is the end result of a calculation in, say, cell B2
=CONCATENATE (B2," per hour")
cheerio
LinLin