-   -   sumif with multiple constraints (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166270-sumif-multiple-constraints.html)

Jessica

sumif with multiple constraints

trying to sum a column ignoring two parameters, only successfully ignoring one.
currently using
=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420") also want it to ignore values of -560 when returning sum.
any help appreciated.

Pete_UK

sumif with multiple constraints

Try this:

=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420")-SUMIF(F:F,-560)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 15, 11:46 pm, Jessica
wrote:
trying to sum a column ignoring two parameters, only successfully ignoring one.
currently using
=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420") also want it to ignore values of -560 when returning sum.
any help appreciated.

Jessica

sumif with multiple constraints

perfect :) thanks for the quick help

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420")-SUMIF(F:F,-560)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 15, 11:46 pm, Jessica
wrote:
trying to sum a column ignoring two parameters, only successfully ignoring one.
currently using
=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420") also want it to ignore values of -560 when returning sum.
any help appreciated.

Pete_UK

sumif with multiple constraints

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Nov 16, 12:01 am, Jessica
wrote:
perfect :) thanks for the quick help

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Try this:

=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420")-SUMIF(F:F,-560)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 15, 11:46 pm, Jessica
wrote:
trying to sum a column ignoring two parameters, only successfully ignoring one.
currently using
=SUMIF(F:F,"<-420") also want it to ignore values of -560 when returning sum.
any help appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Max

sumif with multiple constraints

Hi,

got the same problem, I want to sum all data under columns in the header row
saying 2 OR 4 OR 5 etc. I tried something like:
Sumif(lookuprange,OR(2,4,5,etc),sumrange), but it does not work.

I obviously could use:
Sumif(lookuprange,2,sumrange) + Sumif(lookuprange,4,sumrange) + etc

But this is quite inelegant, since I must sum over 7 criteria....

Any suggestions?!

wrote:
perfect :) thanks for the quick help

"Pete_UK" wrote: