-   -   Table within a table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166149-table-within-table.html)

Freddy[_2_]

Table within a table

I am working on a spreadsheet with only 12 columns that are wide enough to
fill the whole screen.

However, I was wondering if it is possible to create another table below
this one that has 21 columns and is only as wide as the above 12 columns.

Is there such a thing as a floating table?

Stephen[_2_]

Table within a table

"Freddy" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet with only 12 columns that are wide enough to
fill the whole screen.

However, I was wondering if it is possible to create another table below
this one that has 21 columns and is only as wide as the above 12 columns.

Is there such a thing as a floating table?

No.

Dave Peterson

Table within a table

You could try this:

Put your 2nd table on a different worksheet.
Select that table's range
edit|copy
Back to the first worksheet and under the first table
Shift-edit|Paste picture link

Your updates to the second table will be done on the second worksheet. But
since you pasted a picture link, the changes will be reflected on the first
sheet.

--

Dave Peterson