-   -   Need help writing basic macros in EXCEL.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16612-need-help-writing-basic-macros-excel.html)

Macro Help

Need help writing basic macros in EXCEL..

I am having problems writing macros in EXCEL. I guess I need some specific
examples. For instance, in A1, I want to put in the date, in B1 I want to
put in the day of the week, in C1 I want to put in the gallons of gasoline I
buy, in D1 I want to put in the cost per gallon, in E1 I want to put in the
total. Then I wan to be able to go to make another entry, and have the macro
drop down to the row below A1. I am having problems, very bad problems.
Maybe because I am too old [75] and cannot understand the complicated
directions.

Bob Gilmore

Niek Otten

Write the item names in Row 1, per column.
Then use DataForm to add new rows or find and update existing rows.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel