-   -   Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165978-excel-2003-a.html)

Hossein

Excel 2003

I want to devide a text in to two culemns. for instance:
A B C
______________ ______ ________
510100 Fix salary 510100 Fix salary
Hossein Ali Hossein Ali

Is there any way (formula, macro,...) to make this?
Thanks,
Hossein

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003

Is the first field always everything before the first space character and the
second character everything after the first space character:

=trim(left(a1,search(" ",a1)-1))
and
=trim(mid(a1,search(" ",a1)+1,255))
(make that 255 big enough to handle the biggest string)

--

Dave Peterson

JLatham

Excel 2003

Another option - splitting text to columns: