-   -   Solving #REF! Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165797-solving-ref-problem.html)

DMD

Solving #REF! Problem

Cell A1 is equal to cell A4.
Cells A4 thru A100 contains consecutive ascenting dates.

Each day I select Row 4 and delete that row.

My problem is that I get the #REF! error in cell A1 even though Row 4
is replaced by Row 5's data. How can I always preserve the A1 and A4
equivalency whenever I delete Row 4. This means that cell A1 has the
date that was originally in cell A5 (and is now in Row 4 when the
former Row 4 was deleted).

Tim Zych

Solving #REF! Problem

=INDIRECT("A4")

will always refer to A4 even after the row is deleted.

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

oups.com...

"DMD" wrote in message

oups.com...

Cell A1 is equal to cell A4.
Cells A4 thru A100 contains consecutive ascenting dates.

Each day I select Row 4 and delete that row.

My problem is that I get the #REF! error in cell A1 even though Row 4
is replaced by Row 5's data. How can I always preserve the A1 and A4
equivalency whenever I delete Row 4. This means that cell A1 has the
date that was originally in cell A5 (and is now in Row 4 when the
former Row 4 was deleted).- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Tim - your suggestion worked.