-   -   Linked spreadsheet is not automatically adjusting row height? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165753-linked-spreadsheet-not-automatically-adjusting-row-height.html)

lyngwin

Linked spreadsheet is not automatically adjusting row height?

The linked cells are not carrying the row height auto fit format from the
source sheet. How do I carry that format to the linked sheet?

Gord Dibben

Linked spreadsheet is not automatically adjusting row height?

You don't.

It must be copied over separately.

Linking formulas can only return values, not formatting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

The linked cells are not carrying the row height auto fit format from the
source sheet. How do I carry that format to the linked sheet?

If the source spreadsheet and the destination spreadsheet are both formatted to auto fit the row height, why is it notadjusting on the destination spreadsheet when the data is entered? Or how do I do this so it will auto adjust?