-   -   Options link under Tools is greyed out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165696-options-link-under-tools-greyed-out.html)

jbet

Options link under Tools is greyed out

I'm using the Excel 2003 version and I recently checked the Ignore other
programs setting and once I did that, all my excel documents went blank. I
tried going back to uncheck it but now the options link is greyed out. How
can I fix this?

Dave Peterson

Options link under Tools is greyed out

I don't think your workbooks went blank.

But I do bet that you're having trouble opening the files by doubleclicking on
them in windows explorer.

Starting a new workbook (or use File|open to open an existing workbook), then
try the Tools|options stuff.

Saved from a previous post (just in case):

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver