-   -   ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165674-add-color-formulas.html)

Grizzbear

ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS

I am new to using IF Formulas and i have two questions.

First: I have an existing simple subtraction formula in a cell, can i add a
IF Formula onto it. for example : In cell L13 "=M13-K13" CAN i now ADD a IF
formula on top of this simple formula???

Second Question: CAN i add color to a formula, specifically an IF formula????
Example "=IF(L13<M13) Then COLOR IS RED, IF NOT COLOR IS BLACK"
I know this is not really how IF formulas work, i am just explaining what i
need to do.

So to sum up, i need to add an IF formula on top of a subtraction formula,
AND use a COLOR FORMAT in the IF FORMULA.

Please help any way possible. Thanks

Kevin B

ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS

--
Kevin Backmann

"Grizzbear" wrote:

I am new to using IF Formulas and i have two questions.

First: I have an existing simple subtraction formula in a cell, can i add a
IF Formula onto it. for example : In cell L13 "=M13-K13" CAN i now ADD a IF
formula on top of this simple formula???

Second Question: CAN i add color to a formula, specifically an IF formula????
Example "=IF(L13<M13) Then COLOR IS RED, IF NOT COLOR IS BLACK"
I know this is not really how IF formulas work, i am just explaining what i
need to do.

So to sum up, i need to add an IF formula on top of a subtraction formula,
AND use a COLOR FORMAT in the IF FORMULA.

Please help any way possible. Thanks

Dave Peterson

ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS

Depending on the version of excel and the number of conditions, you may be able
to use Format|Condiditional formatting to show the colors that you like.

Grizzbear wrote:

I am new to using IF Formulas and i have two questions.

First: I have an existing simple subtraction formula in a cell, can i add a
IF Formula onto it. for example : In cell L13 "=M13-K13" CAN i now ADD a IF
formula on top of this simple formula???

Second Question: CAN i add color to a formula, specifically an IF formula????
Example "=IF(L13<M13) Then COLOR IS RED, IF NOT COLOR IS BLACK"
I know this is not really how IF formulas work, i am just explaining what i
need to do.

So to sum up, i need to add an IF formula on top of a subtraction formula,
AND use a COLOR FORMAT in the IF FORMULA.

Please help any way possible. Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Stephen[_2_]

ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS

"Grizzbear" wrote in message
I am new to using IF Formulas and i have two questions.

First: I have an existing simple subtraction formula in a cell, can i add
IF Formula onto it. for example : In cell L13 "=M13-K13" CAN i now ADD a
IF
formula on top of this simple formula???

Second Question: CAN i add color to a formula, specifically an IF
formula????
Example "=IF(L13<M13) Then COLOR IS RED, IF NOT COLOR IS BLACK"
I know this is not really how IF formulas work, i am just explaining what
need to do.

So to sum up, i need to add an IF formula on top of a subtraction formula,
AND use a COLOR FORMAT in the IF FORMULA.

Please help any way possible. Thanks

You need a separate formula for colouring which you place in Conditional
Formatting (on the Format Menu). Change the first entry in CF pop-up from
"Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" and enter your condition(s) and required
format(s).

Grizzbear

ADD COLOR TO FORMULAS

Conditional Formatting worked!!!! thanks guys, i achieved exactly what i was
looking for.