-   -   How to change text into number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165534-how-change-text-into-number.html)

Eric

How to change text into number?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change text into number?
For example, in cell A1, the value is "13.555", and I would like to display
13.555 in cell B1 as a number.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Niek Otten

How to change text into number?

Hi Eric,

In B1:

=A1*1

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Eric" wrote in message ...
| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change text into number?
| For example, in cell A1, the value is "13.555", and I would like to display
| 13.555 in cell B1 as a number.
| Does anyone have any suggestions?
| Thanks in advance for any suggestions
| Eric

Fred Smith

How to change text into number?

To change text to a number, just use it in a formula with arithmetic. So

=a1+0

should do the trick.

Fred

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change text into number?
For example, in cell A1, the value is "13.555", and I would like to display
13.555 in cell B1 as a number.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

David Biddulph[_2_]

How to change text into number?

=--(A1) or =VALUE(A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change text into number?
For example, in cell A1, the value is "13.555", and I would like to
display
13.555 in cell B1 as a number.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

pinmaster

How to change text into number?

Hi,

Or if the value is inside quotes then:

=MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)-2)*1

Cheers!
Jean-Guy

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change text into number?
For example, in cell A1, the value is "13.555", and I would like to display
13.555 in cell B1 as a number.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

How to change text into number?

Or if the value is inside quotes then:

=MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)-2)*1

Just offering another possibility for consideration...

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,"""","")

Rick