-   -   Help with formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165533-help-formula.html)

Mike Busch

Help with formula

We are doing a budget. I will have four coulmns, Original, Change, Add,
Subtract.
I would like the formula in the Change column that will populate the add or
subtract column based on a negitive or positive value.
If there is an addition to the budget in this line item for $400 I would
like the $400 to go into the Add column, and if the change is ($400) I would
like it to go into the subtract column. Is there a formula that I can place
in the change column to achive this. Thanks in advance.

pinmaster

Help with formula

Hi,

No, but you can use formulas in the ADD and SUBTRAC columns.

let's assume that:
Column A is Original
Column B is Change
Column C is Add
Column D is Subtract

then in C2 put: =IF(B20,B2,"")
in D2 put: =IF(B3<0,B2,"")
copy down as far as needed

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy

"Mike Busch" wrote:

We are doing a budget. I will have four coulmns, Original, Change, Add,
Subtract.
I would like the formula in the Change column that will populate the add or
subtract column based on a negitive or positive value.
If there is an addition to the budget in this line item for $400 I would
like the $400 to go into the Add column, and if the change is ($400) I would
like it to go into the subtract column. Is there a formula that I can place
in the change column to achive this. Thanks in advance.

Mike Busch

Help with formula

Thank you , thank you , thank you. I did have to make the Column D to still
look in the B2. that was the number I needed. This is what I did.

then in C2 put: =IF(B20,B2,"")
in D2 put: =IF(B2<0,B2,"")
copy down as far as needed

Thank you again

"Mike Busch" wrote:

We are doing a budget. I will have four coulmns, Original, Change, Add,
Subtract.
I would like the formula in the Change column that will populate the add or
subtract column based on a negitive or positive value.
If there is an addition to the budget in this line item for $400 I would
like the $400 to go into the Add column, and if the change is ($400) I would
like it to go into the subtract column. Is there a formula that I can place
in the change column to achive this. Thanks in advance.

pinmaster

Help with formula

You're welcome...glad I could help and thanks for the feedback!

Regards!
Jean-Guy