-   -   Excell Data Filter Fails to Integrate New Data-rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165489-excell-data-filter-fails-integrate-new-data-rows.html)

Richard-44

Excell Data Filter Fails to Integrate New Data-rows

It seems that whenever I input a new row of data into a spreadsheet-database,
the data filter does not notice/read/integrate the new row's info; so when I
query, even if the new row(s) do(es) not fit the query parameters, they
remain visible.

Is this an unavoidable quirk in the DataFilter facility, or is there a
work-around, such as inserting rows at the top, or at the bottom (vs.
wherever you're working.)

Thanks

Pete_UK

Excell Data Filter Fails to Integrate New Data-rows

This runs contrary to my experience with XL2k (and 97 before that),
where the filter range automatically adjusts itself if you add even
one field of data immediately below the main group of records. There
should be no blank rows between the main database and the new record.

Pete

On Nov 10, 12:15 am, Richard-44
wrote:
It seems that whenever I input a new row of data into a spreadsheet-database,
the data filter does not notice/read/integrate the new row's info; so when I
query, even if the new row(s) do(es) not fit the query parameters, they
remain visible.

Is this an unavoidable quirk in the DataFilter facility, or is there a
work-around, such as inserting rows at the top, or at the bottom (vs.
wherever you're working.)

Thanks

Richard-44[_2_]

Excell Data Filter Fails to Integrate New Data-rows

Pete,

Thanks, but the filter is not behaving in that way. I've checked for blank
rows, but there are none. (Good suggestion, though!) Any other ideas?