-   -   calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165433-calculating-time-overtime-excel-%5Bh%5D-mm-format.html)

iamtaranicole

calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format

I am trying to complete a spreadsheet in hour and minute format that will
calculate the overtime for each employee over 40 hours. If I have someone
with 45:30 hours and want to have excel calculate the hours of overtime in
the next column What formula would I use?
=MAX(0,D35-40) doesn't work
=IF($D3540,SUM($D35,-40)," ") doesn't work

Niek Otten

calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"iamtaranicole" wrote in message
|I am trying to complete a spreadsheet in hour and minute format that will
| calculate the overtime for each employee over 40 hours. If I have someone
| with 45:30 hours and want to have excel calculate the hours of overtime in
| the next column What formula would I use?
| =MAX(0,D35-40) doesn't work
| =IF($D3540,SUM($D35,-40)," ") doesn't work

Peo Sjoblom

calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format

=MAX(0,D35-"40:00")

format the cell as hh:mm

Peo Sjoblom

"iamtaranicole" wrote in message
I am trying to complete a spreadsheet in hour and minute format that will
calculate the overtime for each employee over 40 hours. If I have someone
with 45:30 hours and want to have excel calculate the hours of overtime in
the next column What formula would I use?
=MAX(0,D35-40) doesn't work
=IF($D3540,SUM($D35,-40)," ") doesn't work

pinmaster

calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format

Hi,

Try:

=MAX(0,(D35*24)-40)

HTH
Jean-Guy

"iamtaranicole" wrote:

I am trying to complete a spreadsheet in hour and minute format that will
calculate the overtime for each employee over 40 hours. If I have someone
with 45:30 hours and want to have excel calculate the hours of overtime in
the next column What formula would I use?
=MAX(0,D35-40) doesn't work
=IF($D3540,SUM($D35,-40)," ") doesn't work

iamtaranicole

calculating time, overtime in excel [h]:mm format

=IF(D36$D$1,D36-$D$1," ")
Thanks everyone This formula worked also where $d$1=40:00