-   -   how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "and"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165426-how-can-i-use-ampersand-custom-header-word.html)

pickle77

how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "and"?

When I type in an "&" in the center of my custom header, it takes the words
after that sign and moves them into the right cell. I would like to use the
sign rather than the word "and". Is this possible?

Bernard Liengme

how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "and"?

Use two ampersands as in "Fish && Chips"
Only one will display
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"pickle77" wrote in message
When I type in an "&" in the center of my custom header, it takes the
words
after that sign and moves them into the right cell. I would like to use
the
sign rather than the word "and". Is this possible?

Tim879

how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "and"?

What version of excel are you using. I tried to recreate what you were
talking about it was unsuccessful.

Maybe you could email me your file?

On Nov 9, 10:35 am, pickle77
wrote:
When I type in an "&" in the center of my custom header, it takes the words
after that sign and moves them into the right cell. I would like to use the
sign rather than the word "and". Is this possible?

pickle77

how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "an

Thanks a bunch! This worked great!

"pickle77" wrote in message
When I type in an "&" in the center of my custom header, it takes the
words
after that sign and moves them into the right cell. I would like to use
the
sign rather than the word "and". Is this possible?

pickle77

how can I use the ampersand in a custom header as the word "an

Excel 2003
I could email you the file to play with if you'd like. What's your address?