-   -   I want to make a Macro that would so I can open a CSV file and it. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16528-i-want-make-macro-would-so-i-can-open-csv-file.html)

Bob L

I want to make a Macro that would so I can open a CSV file and it.

Is there anyone out there that can teach me how to do this?

Dave Peterson

Sometimes, the best way to learn is to turn the macro recorder on and then do
what you want manually.

Then turn the macro recorder off and look at the code.

--

Dave Peterson

Don Guillett

If you record a macro while doing you will get something you can boil down
to something like this.

Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & [wbtoget],
Origin:=437, _
StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False _
Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar:=",", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1)
, _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

--
Don Guillett