-   -   Create Variances using Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165275-create-variances-using-pivot-table.html)

IF Statement[_2_]

Create Variances using Pivot Table

Hi,

I am trying to find the variance % between the data using different months.
I was unable to figure out how I can show the variance by % using the Pivot
Table.

For example:

Current Data
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 03/31/2007
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120.00 $97.00

Looking for results:
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 Change in % 03/31/2007
Change in %
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120..00 +20% $97.00
-19%

Any suggustion?

Roger Govier[_3_]

Create Variances using Pivot Table

Hi

Drag another copy of your Data filed to the Data area.
Double click on field headerAdvancedShow Data as%Difference from
Previous

On the PT, drag the Data icon and drop on Total so he values show side by
side.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"IF Statement" wrote in message

I am trying to find the variance % between the data using different
months.
I was unable to figure out how I can show the variance by % using the
Pivot
Table.

For example:

Current Data
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 03/31/2007
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120.00 $97.00

Looking for results:
Desc 01/01/2007 02/28/2007 Change in % 03/31/2007
Change in %
Ticket Sales $100.00 $120..00 +20%
$97.00
-19%

Any suggustion?

IF Statement[_2_]

Create Variances using Pivot Table

Thank you Roger.

Could you clarify "drag the Data icon and drop on Total" how this can be
done. Which total do you mean? Please advise.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

[...]

Debra Dalgleish

Create Variances using Pivot Table

There's a description, with a picture, he

"Roger Govier" wrote:

[...]

Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

IF Statement[_2_]

Create Variances using Pivot Table

Thank you Debra. This is excetlly I was looking for.