-   -   In Excel, show 0.00 for "zero" entries, but "-" if no entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165272-excel-show-0-00-zero-entries-but-if-no-entries.html)

PLS Auditor

In Excel, show 0.00 for "zero" entries, but "-" if no entries

I need to distinguish between no entry in a cell, and a zero (0.00) entry,
and whn I sum the row, know if there were any entries (even 0.00) or no
entries. I would like to show 0.00 if there entries (or the actual sum) and
a dash ("-") if there were no entries.

Sloth

In Excel, show 0.00 for "zero" entries, but "-" if no entries

=IF(COUNT(A1:A6),SUM(A1:A6),"-")

replace A1:A6 with your range.