-   -   drop down list shows first blank row after last list entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165269-drop-down-list-shows-first-blank-row-after-last-list-entry.html)

Jerry Bennett[_2_]

drop down list shows first blank row after last list entry

When selecting the drop down list for my referenced list on another
worksheet, I get the blank row after the last list entry and have to page up
to find my selection. this doesn't happen on all columns with list
selections. Changing the name on the source worksheet or in the data
validation does not fix it, nor does copying the source data over to another
column and trying to rename it to the original name. Also, when doing this
this original named range disappears from the name range list, but when I go
to try and use it again it says it is already in use. this seems like a
simple thing, but like all things with Microsoft, nothing is simple
--
Jerry Bennett

macropod

drop down list shows first blank row after last list entry

Hi Jerry,

I'm assuming this is a data validation list, in which case, if the list is :
.. typed into the validation dialogue box, you haven't added a comma after the last entry
.. referenced by a formula, the chosen range matches the list range.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]