-   -   Excel time calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165125-excel-time-calculation.html)

jc

Excel time calculation

I want to enter a time in c2 and I want d2 to show a time 50 minutes earlier.
What formula can I use. These time formulas have me baffled.
Note when I format the cell for time and enter 0700 the time returns as 00:00.

Peo Sjoblom

Excel time calculation

You shouldn't enter time as 0700 since it means the number 700, enter it in
C2 as 07:00

=C2-time(,50,)

Peo Sjoblom

"jc" wrote in message
I want to enter a time in c2 and I want d2 to show a time 50 minutes
earlier.
What formula can I use. These time formulas have me baffled.
Note when I format the cell for time and enter 0700 the time returns as
00:00.

jc

Excel time calculation

Brilliant. Thanks problem solved