-   -   formulas in columns formatted as text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/165098-formulas-columns-formatted-text.html)

Dave F[_2_]

formulas in columns formatted as text

Column U is formatted as text.

If I enter a formula, say =COUNTA(U1:U10) in U15 the formula doesn't
calculate but rather just appears as =COUNTA(U1:U10) .

Is there a way to make formulas work in columns formatted as text? Or
do I just have to deal with having the above formula in a different
column?

Gary''s Student

formulas in columns formatted as text

Say in U1 we have:
=S1+T1
it will show as text.

1. select column U
2. apply Text to Columns to column U putting the result on top of itself
3. the formulas will now become active (sadly the results of the formula are
still Text)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a