-   -   Connecting information on different spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164784-connecting-information-different-spreadsheets.html)

Lmurraz

Connecting information on different spreadsheets

I am trying to integrate a system whereby we will allocate a the next number
in a sequence to the next unique item added to ANY of 4 separate
spreadsheets. The individual spreadsheets will have a name and unique code
number - I would like to be able to use a master spreadsheet to then allocate
a sequential number according to when they were added to the individual
spreadsheets.

Is this possible?

Lynne Murray

Jim Thomlinson

Connecting information on different spreadsheets

What you are looking for requires the use of macros. Here is a link to a
solution for you...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html
--
HTH...