-   -   working out vat and displaying it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164709-working-out-vat-displaying.html)

lardy

working out vat and displaying it

hi
this is my first post so bear with me lol

i have a excel sheet which i want to put in a vat working out and cant get
it to do what i want i can get it to add vat total but that it

i have 2 amounts in I43 and I45 i want to add these 2 together then add vat
but display only the vat in I47 then add I43 , I45 and vat in I47 and shown
in I49 can this be done ?

cheers

David Biddulph[_2_]

working out vat and displaying it

If your VAT rate is in cell I1, then in I47 you want the formula
=(I43+I45)*I1, and in I49 you want =I43+I45+I47 [or you could use
=(I43+I45)*(1+I1) ]
--
David Biddulph

"lardy" wrote in message
hi
this is my first post so bear with me lol

i have a excel sheet which i want to put in a vat working out and cant get
it to do what i want i can get it to add vat total but that it

i have 2 amounts in I43 and I45 i want to add these 2 together then add
vat
but display only the vat in I47 then add I43 , I45 and vat in I47 and
shown
in I49 can this be done ?

cheers

John Google

On 4 Nov, 18:23, lardy wrote:
hi
this is my first post so bear with me lol

i have a excel sheet which i want to put in a vat working out and cant get
it to do what i want i can get it to add vat total but that it

i have 2 amounts in I43 and I45 i want to add these 2 together then add vat
but display only the vat in I47 then add I43 , I45 and vat in I47 and shown
in I49 can this be done ?

cheers

The formula for I47 should be:

=(I43+I45)*0.175

Assuming VAT of 17.5% in the UK.

The formula for I49 should be:

=SUM(I43,I45,I47)

I hope this helps.

lardy

working out vat and displaying it

oh yeah my vat amount is in H47

cheers

"lardy" wrote:

hi
this is my first post so bear with me lol

i have a excel sheet which i want to put in a vat working out and cant get
it to do what i want i can get it to add vat total but that it

i have 2 amounts in I43 and I45 i want to add these 2 together then add vat
but display only the vat in I47 then add I43 , I45 and vat in I47 and shown
in I49 can this be done ?

cheers

Gord Dibben

working out vat and displaying it

With values in I43 and I45 enter these in I47 and I49

=SUM(I43:I45)*0.1 where vat is 10%

=SUM(I43:I47)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:23:01 -0800, lardy
wrote:

hi
this is my first post so bear with me lol

i have a excel sheet which i want to put in a vat working out and cant get
it to do what i want i can get it to add vat total but that it

i have 2 amounts in I43 and I45 i want to add these 2 together then add vat
but display only the vat in I47 then add I43 , I45 and vat in I47 and shown
in I49 can this be done ?

cheers

lardy

working out vat and displaying it

CHEERS!!! both of you

done it , that easy when you know how lol
i had a lot longer sum than that lol

cheers