-   -   Why is the menu item "Insert - Name" greyed out? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16445-why-menu-item-%22insert-name%22-greyed-out.html)

Chuck

Why is the menu item "Insert - Name" greyed out?

When I go to the Insert menu item and try to select Name, it is grey and I
can't select it. Why?

Peo Sjoblom

If the sheet is not protected try to reset the menu

ToolsCustomize
select insert
right click on name
select reset

if that does not work and you don't have a macro you might want to do a
search for *.xlb and rename it and restart excel

Peo Sjoblom

"Chuck" wrote in message
When I go to the Insert menu item and try to select Name, it is grey and I
can't select it. Why?

CyberTaz

Another consideration is to make sure you are not in Edit mode. That is one
of the things you cannot do if you have a flashing insertion point in a cell.
(Just in case you were trying to insert a range name into a formula.)

HTH |:)