-   -   How do you break selected hyperlinks in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164348-how-do-you-break-selected-hyperlinks-excel.html)

sangefish

How do you break selected hyperlinks in Excel?

Hi, I'm trying to break a group of hyperlinks in a selected area in excel,
using vista. Also I've noticed that it seems impossible to do the same in
word. Does anyone know the secert, cause otherwise I'm doomed to do them
individually.

Dave Peterson

How do you break selected hyperlinks in Excel?

Does Break mean remove the hyperlinks?

Were the hyperlinks added via Insert|Hyperlink (xl2003 menu)

If yes to both, you could try:
Select the range that should have the hyperlinks removed
hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live)
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter:
selection.hyperlinks.delete

Then back to excel to check.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do you break selected hyperlinks in Excel?

ps. You may want to try an MSWord newsgroup for your other question.